The emergence of remote banking technologies has become the basis for Internet banking. Internet-banking is a remote banking service that allows the client to receive banking services at a distance with the help of information computer technologies.
By types of access to banking services can be identified such varieties of Internet banking:
- telephone banking;
- computer banking;
- Internet banking;
- video banking;
- digital TV banking.
Types of Internet banking systems can be divided by the method of providing banking services to customers and mutual settlements via the Internet between banks. These include systems:
- “client-Bank” provides electronic data exchange between the client and the Bank;
- “Internet-Bank” – organizes customer interaction with the Bank via the Internet. Are more convenient for work on electronic trading platforms. At the same time, such systems have two significant drawbacks. First, they are intra-Bank-we, so the ability to carry out any operations with the account is only during working hours of the Bank. Second, systems do not provide complete privacy.
- mobile banking systems.
Modern banking systems of remote banking services can provide such services:
- remote monitoring of accounts, which enables the client to obtain information about the Bank accounts, but does not allow them to be managed;
- remote account management. This direction requires a significant investment in the security system;
- comprehensive banking service includes the management of accounts (current, Deposit, card), credit, insurance, multi-channel access to manage the account and reports of his condition, the ability to order and lock a credit / debit card management system personal financial transactions.
In the financial services market there are several models of banking business on-line:
- Internet-a division of the traditional Bank, complementing the network of branches;
- Internet-Bank as an independent legal entity with its own trademark;
- virtual Bank (an analogue of the Internet Bank, organized by a non-Bank company (most often insurance or technological);
- electronic financial supermarket.
- Internet banking allows the client to perform all standard operations, except for cash transactions: make utility payments, pay bills for communication, money transfers (including for goods purchased in online stores), buy and sell foreign currency, replenish and withdraw funds from card accounts, open accounts, receive information about their status and payments, and other services.
Important criteria for choosing a Bank service is the stability and reliability of the Bank, the flexibility of tariff policy, the volume and quality of additional electronic services.