Every owner of a modern gadget that cares about the protection of their data, should think about a good antivirus. In this article we will talk about the most effective and high-quality antivirus for Android devices. All applications presented on this page can be downloaded for free from Google Play and do not worry about the safety of your data.
Antivirus for Android is a special program (application) to protect your device from malware. The term “malware” refers to all possible types of malicious software, such as viruses, worms, Trojans, and spyware. To protect your smartphone and tablet need only high-quality antivirus, which unfortunately on Android is not so much. Therefore, the list contains only really the most powerful and working antivirus.
Antivirus software is installed in the same way as any other application. It is difficult to say with full confidence which of the best antivirus for Android, but based on the many reviews, we have tried to collect the Top 10 best applications to protect your phone.
Do I need an antivirus for Android?
And whether it is necessary to install anti-virus on your phone? This question arises for many Android users. And indeed, on this account, as well as about the need for applications to clean and speed up, there are many disputes and opinions. After all, on the one hand – the network has a lot of virus threats from which you just need to protect your gadget. But on the other, as stated by the manufacturers – android system is initially protected from viruses.
Types of viruses on Android
Most often there are 4 types of viruses:
- Trojan – impersonates another program.
- Spy – collects Bank card, password and other personal data.
- Advertising – shows pop-up ads or downloads software without your consent.
- Ransomware – blocks your phone and requires you to pay for the unlock.
- Vymanivaniya, not a single virus will not fall into your smartphone or tablet, as long as you do it will not download!
Who needs antivirus?
In some cases, it is necessary to install an antivirus:
- You download games and apps from unofficial sources.
- You are actively using applications related to money, such as WebMoney, Mobile banking, etc.
- The need for additional features, such as cleaning and acceleration, which are present in many antivirus programs.
Who doesn’t need antivirus?
In some cases, the installation of antivirus is optional:
- You only use the official Google Play Store.
- You do not use Mobile banking and other applications related to money and payment on the Internet.
- The advantages of antivirus software
- Protection against viruses when downloading files.
- Protection from visiting malicious sites.
- Additional functionality, such as: anti-Theft, anti-Spam, AppLock, autorun Manager, as well as the presence in some versions of the possibility of cleaning, acceleration, battery saving, etc.
- Cons of antivirus software
- To protect the device, any antivirus must always be in a running state, which is why it will take up some computing power(RAM).
- As a rule, all antiviruses for Android are conditionally free, and for full functionality you need to purchase the Pro version.
- Periodically, all antiviruses react to normal applications from the Play Store as malicious.